Are you looking for ways to grow your business organically without relying on paid ads or sneaky methods? If so, SEO is the answer. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and it’s a powerful tool for businesses looking to increase their visibility online and attract more customers. In this blog post, we’ll discuss 5 secrets to growing your business organically with SEO. By utilizing these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to increase your website’s rankings in search engine results pages (SERPs) and generate more organic traffic. So, let’s get started and explore how to use SEO to grow your business!
In my opinion, organic marketing is non-negotiable. As a new business owner, not only is it a great way to generate leads without pouring money you don’t have into paid ads, but it’s a great process to instill in your business from day one. As your business grows, you will most likely continue these processes, but you might have a dedicated team helping you along the way. I am not saying there isn’t a space for paid marketing. But what I am saying is that crafting a strong organic marketing strategy first should be a priority and here’s why.
- Organic marketing generates high quality traffic and leads for a much longer period of time than any type of paid marketing.
- Organic marketing creates credibility, trust and loyalty amongst your audience.
- 59% of consumers prefer to purchase from brands that they trust.
- Many people amongst your audience may use ad blockers and anti-spam solutions to filter out paid ads.
- And if you are worried about needing to match your large competitors’ paid efforts, remember that some 76% of consumers trust small businesses more than large.
Let’s get into the tips!
1) Define what organic growth means for your business
Organic growth is a term that refers to the natural and steady growth of a business without the use of paid advertising or other methods that are considered “unnatural”. It is the slow, but steady growth achieved through hard work and effective strategies such as SEO, content marketing, link building, and social media marketing. For a female entrepreneur, organic growth means investing time and resources into long-term strategies that will help build an audience, generate leads, and ultimately, increase sales. Organic growth requires patience, but it can be incredibly rewarding in the end.
2) Do your keyword research
You need to understand, what are your audience and your different niches typing into Google to find you? And then you need to use those keywords that people are using to find you in your copy, you need to put them somewhere. They need to be in a headline on your homepage, you need to basically take those words that people are searching, the problems they’re having, the solutions they’re looking for, you need to take their words and use them in your content.
I’d recommend using google ad words inbuilt keyword planner to find out keywords related to your business. You can also use a free keyword research tool if you don’t want to use google.
In this process, you should be able to find 10-12 phrases related to your product/service. Once you find the keywords, add them to a rank-checking tool.
This will help you monitor your rankings and track your progress.
3) Optimize your website
The first thing to focus on is your page load speeds. How long does it take your site to load on both desktop and mobile? According to study, website conversion rates drop by an average of 4.42% with each additional second of load time.
Responsiveness, user interface and user experience play a role in determining how long a visitor will spend on your website. Basically, the easier it is to navigate your website, the more responsive it is and the clearer its content, the likelier you are to attract traffic, retain visitors and rank on page results.
Three tips to optimize your website:
• Eliminate unnecessary code and scripts.
• Replace clunky and cluttered designs with clean, web-optimized images.
• Use content formats that make your webpage easily scannable.
4) Publish high-quality content
Content is the lifeblood of any online page. Many people visit your website because your headline piqued their curiosity, but it’s the quality of your content that convinces them to return. Excellent content is relevant, well formatted (easy to read), engaging and written using language that is easy to digest.
Quality, authoritative content is the number one driver of your search engine rankings and there is no substitute for great content—this is especially true when doing SEO marketing. Quality content created specifically for your intended user increases site traffic, which improves your site’s authority and relevance.
5) Build links
Backlinks! No one thinks about this but it has a huge effect on your SEO and just the overall authority for your business. Backlinks are links to your website that lives on someone else’s website. So, someone mentioning you as an expert on a topic. Anywhere your website is linked tells Google that you are an expert in what you do, and it kind of gives you a boost, so to speak. It gives you more authority in the eyes of Google because just like us, we understand that human recommendations are way more powerful, so Google does too. So that is a really great way that people don’t think about improving your SEO by doing these opportunities to get new backlinks.”
Here are some link-building tips:
• You can use a Backlink Checker to see all the pages that link to a top-ranking page on Google and reach out to their editing team to propose your content as a better alternative to link to.
• You can also connect pages within your website, called internal links. Internal links can help you boost the SEO of a particular page if many pages on your site link to it.
• Dead links are links that are no longer active and return error messages when you click on them. Having too many of these on your site can reduce the quality of experience and give you a bad reputation.
SEO is a valuable tool for dissolving the barriers between you and your customers while using techniques that make the most of Google’s algorithms. The insight I shared above will hopefully help you cover the fundamentals to improve your SEO campaign and grow your business organically!